Note : Students who are preparing for Gate2013 must fill this form.
The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is India’s premier institution for advanced research in fundamental sciences. The Institute runs a graduate programme leading to the award of Ph.D. degree, as well as M.Sc. and Integrated Ph.D. in certain subjects. With its distinguished faculty, world class facilities and stimulating research environment, it is an ideal place for aspiring scientists to initiate their career.
Subjects – Programs
- Mathematics (Ph.d. and Integrated Ph.D. Programs)
- Physics (Ph.d. and Integrated Ph.D. Programs)
- Chemistry (Ph.D. Program)
- Biology (Ph.D., Integrated Ph.D. and M.Sc. Programs)
- Computer & Systems Sciences (Ph.D. Program) including Communcations and Math. Finance
- Science Education (Ph.D. Program)
- Ph.D. Program : 5 Years
- Integrated Ph.D. Program : 6 Years
- M.Sc. Program : 3 Years
Scholarship & Fees
- For Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. programmes, the academic year starts from August 1, every year. The academic year for M.Sc. programme begins from July 1, every year.
- Ph.D. Students receive a monthly scholarship of Rs 16,000/- (enhanced to Rs 18,000/- after registration) and an annual contingency grant of Rs 20,000/-, in addition to a tuition grant covering the annual fees. The annual fee is Rs 4000/-.
- Integrated Ph.D. (Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry/Biology) Students receive a monthly scholarship of Rs 16,000/- (enhanced to Rs 18,000/- from third year onwards, subject to passing the Comprehensive Exam/registration), in addition to a tuition grant covering the annual fees.
- M.Sc. (Biology) Students receive a monthly scholarship of Rs 12,000/- and the annual fee is Rs 2000/-
Important Dates :
Last Date for Application : 26/10/2012
Nationwide Entrance Examination : 9/12/2012
Results of the Nationwide Entrance Examination : 15/1/2013
Online payment link will be active upto : 2/11/2012
DDs sent by post/courier will be accepted upto : 2/11/2012
Application Fee :
Rs 500/- for online applications
Rs 550/- for manual applications
Female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.